Limmud Vancouver 2018 Part-Time Administrator, September 2017 – May 2018
Limmud Vancouver is a two-day festival of Jewish learning. We are preparing for our fourth Limmud Vancouver conference, scheduled for April 14-15, 2018. Due to our growth, we are able to hire a part-time administrator to support our volunteers. The job requires flexibility and communication with a diverse group of people. Other than this position, we are a totally volunteer-based organization.
Limmud promotes the idea that everyone should be a student and anyone can be a teacher.
Support the Limmud Vancouver Steering Committee and Subcommittees by:
- Manage email communication and event registration
- Coordinate and oversee venue liaison & logistics
- Manage ongoing communication with all presenters
- Support and coordinate efforts with community organizations, synagogues, etc.
- Coordinate (in conjunction with Chair), volunteer communications and committee work, including meeting minutes
- Assist in coordination of program book advertisement and sponsorship
- Weekly meetings with key volunteers, flexible scheduling
- Additional tasks as directed by the Chair
- Quick learner and able to respond to ongoing and changing work requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to work with a wide range of personalities and communication styles
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- Flexible with hours: Ability to attend monthly evening steering committee meetings
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- A sense of humor!
- Familiarity with the Jewish community an asset
- Graphic design experience an asset but not necessary
- Ability to use or learn Mailchimp
Salary: ($20/hour for a maximum of 500 hours/$10,000)
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than June 26, 2017. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Click here to view and download a pdf of the job description and application instructions.