Limmud Vancouver 2018 won’t be anything like the Limmud your grandmother would have attended.
Okay, so maybe there was no Limmud back in your grandmother’s lifetime.
Or maybe your grandmother did attend Limmud Vancouver in 2016.
It’s just an expression!
A way of saying: At LimmudVan 2018, we’ll be responding to current events.
And: At LimmudVan, we’ll engage some edgy topics. Not that your grandmother wasn’t edgy! She probably was quite radical.
Engage with Current Events
Check out some of these sessions about current events:
- In Israel: Divercity: Why Diversity is Jerusalem’s Best Hope (Lior Schillat)
- In North America: JACS Presents Addiction 101: Mythbusters (Rebecca Denham)
- In Canada: Pride and Prejudice: Exploring the Intersectional Politics of Jewish LGBTQ2SA Issues in Canada (Alycia Fridkin)
- In Vancouver: Can Jewish Values Solve Vancouver’s Housing Crisis (Michael Geller and Noam Dolgin)
Visit the Edges of Jewish Life
Explore edges between:
- Arabs and Israelis: Translating the Enemy? Arabic Literature in Hebrew (Rahel Halabe)
- Religious Traditions: Sacred Texts: Three Religious Traditions in Twenty-Five Words or Less (Laura Duhan-Kaplan)
- Life and Death: Approaching the Edge: Texts and Resources Addressing the End of Life (Natan Fenner)
- Economic Respectability & Its Margins: Jews and Gambling: Texts and Types (Richard Menkis)
- Earthy Torah Sex & Delicate Rabbinic Interpretation: Outtake: Joseph, yes that Joseph, recites morning prayers during seduction scene (Mark Stein)
Register Now for Limmud Vancouver, April 14-15 2018
See the complete SCHEDULE HERE.
REGISTER HERE. Don’t delay! We sold out last year.
To help out for an hour at this community-based event, register first, then VOLUNTEER HERE.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.